We are Neet and Wendy and we would like to welcome you to our fortnightly challenge, ‘Artful Times’, where we are offering a variety of challenges to inspire you to create in whichever style or medium of crafting you enjoy. You never know, we might even inspire you to create something out of your comfort zone and try out something new.

Yes like all challenge sites we have rules and guidelines. We hope you will read and follow them, we have Oyster Stamps as our sponsor, and of course, a winner and runner up will be chosen each month. We may also have the occasional guest designer.



Friday 17 January 2014

Challenge 47 The Year of the Horse

It's that time of the year again when the Chinese Communities in the various cities will be celebrating in great style with fire crackers and dancing dragons.  Will you be going to one of them?

Holly Hartman has written a lovely short informative piece about the Year of the Horse and how the Chinese celebrate here.  I urge you to go and read it, it will only take a few minutes.

Both Von and Chrissie chose to go with the 'horse' in their samples and Chrissie has made the most delightful scroll in true Chinese colours


Chrissie


Von

I found one other stamp with a horse on (other than the one Von had used) and so I hastily made a card to take with me to America to give to my Chinese friend over there.


Now what will you do?  It would be lovely if you went to some town or city where they are celebrating and it would be great if you could include a horse in your design but if you can't not to worry - anything Chinese will do.



5 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a creative theme... and what great horse images and creations!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

I think I have a stamp set with Chinese motifs gathering dust somewhere... Time to dig it up !!!

Chaosmaus said...

What a remarkable Theme.
LG Kerstin

Von said...

Opps accidently deleted a message that asked when do we publish results. It's usually the first Friday of the month depending on the number of weeks in a month ☺

Deborah said...

Hope it's okay that I linked to the That's Crafty! Design Team blog, which is where full pix and details of how I made my oriental ATB are. But am linking back to here from my own blog (I don't have access rights to TC blog).